Nathan West - Georgia


I first learned about Whitetail Institute products in the early 1990s. We had recently purchased a farm in central Georgia, and my sons were beginning to get into archery at the ages of 10 and 13.
I wanted to put in food plots and did some research on various products, especially perennial  type products that would not require replanting every year. My farm is approximately 150 acres, and I strategically created five food plots of about two acres each. I have to admit I was very skeptical about Whitetail Institute products to begin with. So, the first year I planted typical grains (wheat, oats and rye) in two of the food plots and No-Plow and Imperial Whitetail Clover in the other three plots. It did not take long for me to see the difference in how the deer preferred the Whitetail Institute products.
Long story short over the next 10 years, we saw the deer weights improve and started seeing larger antlered bucks. Maybe it’s just me, but the deer tasted better, too. Both of my sons killed their first deer over Whitetail Institute food plots (with their bows of course). We also experienced a tremendous increase in the number of turkeys on our property due to the Whitetail Institute food plots. Since that time my sons have grown up, and we now exclusively bowhunt several small parcels of land closer to where we live in metro Atlanta. I have continued to use Whitetail Institute products in small food plots due to the smaller parcels of land we have access to hunt. A typical parcel is five to 20 acres with very limited locations for food plots so I have come to rely on some of Whitetail Institute’s other products, especially the Double-Cross and Winter-Greens products. The brassicas in these products allow for heavy grazing during late winter and help prevent overgrazing due to the plots smaller size. I’ve included pictures of a few bucks we’ve harvested the last few years while bow-hunting around Whitetail Institute food plots.