Richard Bilger — Pennsylvania


My friend’s and I have been using Whitetail Institute products for the past eight years in Central PA and in NY. For the last two years I’ve been after a monster here in PA. I had many trail pics of him the last three years. At the end of August I knew I had to do something to keep the does in my area and not in the cornfield. That’s when I decided to plant Whitetail Oats Plus.
It didn’t take long for it to grow and not long for the deer to find it. It was the last week of archery season and I was seeing does and small bucks in the Whitetail Oats field. While sitting in my stand overlooking the Whitetail Oats field, I watched a 7 point check the field out for does. Then at 4:50 p.m. I noticed a deer coming along the field edge. I pulled up my bino’s and couldn’t believe it. There he was walking into the field. This was only the third time I ever saw him in 3 years. Well I got my bow up and was just waiting for the right shot. I passed on a 40 yard broadside shot because I just couldn’t take a chance of something going wrong. He then started making scrapes and thrashing bushes along the Whitetail Oats field. He was at 8 yards broadside with a branch across his vitals. I just couldn’t take the chance. Then he quarted away from me and I stopped him around 20 yards, put the pin behind his shoulder and it was over in a second. It found its mark and he only went 30 yards. Unofficially he has a 19-1/2 inch spread with 14 points and 6 kickers. His live weight was 240 lbs. and the base of the antlers were eight inches. The Whitetail Institute has helped me a lot with suggestions over the past 8 years. I would never think of using any other products because they are the best out there. Thanks again Whitetail Institute for all the help in the last eight years.