Ben Davis — Georgia

My tale begins back in December two seasons ago when I saw this buck for the first time. I was sitting on a 5-acre food plot on a power line planted with Extreme and Imperial Whitetail Clover.
We had a lot of rain last year and we had great results with the food plots. In fact our results were so good with the combination of Extreme and Imperial Whitetail Clover we have planted them in all our food plots. It was just before dark when this deer came out of the pines about 20 yards from my stand. I got a good look at him and decided since it was the last week of the season that I would pass on him and hope that he could evade neighboring hunters for just a few more days and make it to next year. He did indeed make it as I began getting pictures of him as soon as I put my trail cameras out this past July. There were several other good bucks on the property but this deer was definitely ruling the roost. Once deer season opened I saw him for the first time on Nov. 1 on a food plot but couldn’t get a good shot. I hunted the deer nearly every day for the next seven days. I saw him again while in my climber just 100 yards from the food plot on Nov. 8th but he was chasing a doe and I could not get him to stop. Nov. 12 was my last day of vacation (the last 30 minutes of daylight) and he finally came out into the plot at 5:30 p.m. He immediately ran off two spikes from the plot and then I got the crosshairs on his shoulder and squeezed off the shot. It was 5:38 p.m. He dropped right where he was. I was shaking so bad and my heart was pounding so hard that I could not believe I had made a 209 yard shot that hit exactly where I had aimed. I know this buck is not even close to scoring like a Kansas or Illinois deer, but for middle Georgia, this is a dang good deer. My taxidermist green scored him at 142 3/8. There is no way I could have harvested this buck without Whitetail Institute products and a whole lot of patience. Thanks Whitetail Institute for having such great products that allow hunters like myself to achieve maximum potential for our Whitetail herd.