BILLY O'CONNOR - Kansas

 

I own 160 acres in Kansas that we manage for wildlife. Thinking all seed was the same early on, I used co-op seed and off-brand products for my food plot regimen. My results weren't bad, but nothing spectacular. For the past four years, I have used Whitetail Institute products exclusively, and the difference has been like night and day. I like all the Whitetail Institute products that I have used, but by far our best plots were the Whitetail Oats Plus and the Imperial Whitetail Clover. We have seen more deer year after year, which has led to more bucks. I also noticed that they come out earlier in the evening more than ever before. We noticed the same deer coming back year after year, which allowed us to let them get to maturity. The size of our bucks increased as well, culminating this year when we took a gross-score 189-inch, a 181-inch, and a 160-inch. All were 6-year-old or older bucks. And all off of the same 160 acres surrounded by farm ground and very heavy hunting pressure. Whitetail Institute has always been only a call away when I had questions regarding my plots. The soil samples made it easy to know what was needed, and our Whitetail Institute food plot implementation was a major factor in our success this past season. I could not be happier with the results.