MIKE DAVIS — Pennsylvania

 

This photo is of a buck of which I have four years of trail-cam pics. Up until the last Wednesday in December this past year, I never had a picture of him during daylight during a hunting season. Fortunately, we had a cold front come through, the barometer dropped, and the deer were on their feet a little bit earlier than normal.

I had to work late that Wednesday, but my trail cam showed him getting into a Beets & Greens plot just before legal shooting light expired. I got in my setup Thursday afternoon, and at 4:59 p.m. he actually came out in a different section of my field. This time, he stepped into a Pure Attraction plot with several does, but I was able to harvest him. This is the second year in a row, I actually shot my buck while they were standing in a Pure Attraction plot.

As you can see from the photo, he is a giant-bodied deer. Certainly well above average for Pennsylvania. I am convinced this couldn’t have been achieved without Whitetail Institute products and the help they have given me. I compare pics with other people throughout the year, and our deer are visibly bigger. Whitetail Institute products and customer service helped me lay this deer down, and I thank them. I will definitely be in touch over the winter to finalize my upcoming planting plan for next season.