ROB HUDSON - PENNSYLVANIA

 

Three years ago, I planted Fusion in a two-acre clearing on our hunting land. The first year it struggled, and the weeds had to be controlled with Slay and Arrest. The second year it really took off. It spread, covering some bare spots and with the help of proper fertilizer, weed control and mowing, it has become a very good food plot. The deer started showing up almost immediately but what surprised me was the quality of 8 and 10 points that continue to come to the plot. Whitetail Institute has made a huge difference in my deer hunting and the quality of the bucks. Last year during archery season I shot this 17-point, non-typical in the Fusion field at 30 yards with a crossbow. He began coming in regularly to the plot back in the summer. One afternoon I watched him at 59 yards come in and munch on the Fusion for 1/2 hour but was out of range. The day I shot him, there were 8 doe in the plot when he showed up chasing one of them around. He is one of 6 nice shooter bucks I saw last season. He weighed 250 pounds, had a 23-inch spread and was 7-1/2 years old. It has not been officially scored yet. The state scorer will be here later this month to score him. I’m told by the taxidermist it should score about 180. I’m looking forward to another great season at the food plot, and plan to create a few more plots with Whitetail Institute products.